Job title: Research coordinator
Reports to: The Director
To provide effective administrative and operational support to the institute. To Coordinate and administer research activities; assist in project planning; supervise research assistants and administrators; and develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Key responsibilities & duties
- Research including book chapters, journal articles, editing books, and single-author volume.
- Rapporteuring including producing policy briefs and advisory board meetings minutes.
- Writing donor proposals and reports.
- Supervising an administrator and periodically student assistants.
- Overseeing public dialogues and research seminars including coordinating arrangements and going through checklists.
- Contributing to teaching of courses and coordinating teaching arrangements.
- Publishing newspaper articles, conducting media interviews, and raising the institute’s media profile.
- Helping to produce the institute’s biannual reports.
- Presenting research papers at the institute and external conferences.
- Contributing in the activities of the newly launched Joint Institute for Global African Affairs such as its master’s programme.
- Overseeing the regular update of the institute’s databases and other tasks related to the institute’s needs.
A doctorate degree in humanities or social sciences in disciplines such as English Studies, History, International Relations, Political Science, and Sociology.
Work experience and skills
3-5 years appropriate teaching, research, and administrative experience in at least two of the following areas: African politics, pan-Africanism, peace and conflict studies, decolonial thought, postcolonial studies, and African political economy.
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter, a detailed CV, and a 5-10 page unpublished writing sample to Dr Oluwaseun Tella.